Meera is eagerly waiting for Flipkart’s Big Billion Sale. She hopes to get a good discount on a premium phone she has been eyeing. Besides the phone, Meera’s shopping list includes electronics, beauty products and Diwali gifts for friends and family. Millions like Meera prefer online shopping, which clearly reflects in sales figures at Flipkart clocking a whopping $5.5B in 8 days of the Indian festive season in 2022.
Yes, e-commerce has transformed how we shop, eat or even travel and the COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated just how important online retail is. As per research by eMarketer and Statista, online retail sales will hit $6.51 trillion by 2023, with e-commerce websites accounting for 22.3% of total retail sales.
According to statista.com, eCommerce is expected to rise by 50% over the next four years, reaching a staggering $7.4 trillion by 2025. So, if there was ever a time to jump on the eCommerce bandwagon, it is now.
And if you don’t know where to start, Shopify is the perfect platform to launch your e-commerce business. From its simple website builder and easy payment integration to its powerful marketing tools, you’ll have all the features and support you need to build a successful online store. With this blog post, we’ll explain why Shopify is an ideal choice for anyone looking to break into the lucrative world of e-commerce.
What should a good e-commerce website consist of?
When creating a website, it is critical to optimize it so that your clients get the greatest online buying experience possible. Your website is your company’s online home and a primary spot to lead your target audience. Therefore it has to be on point, on-trend, and up-to-date with all the newest eCommerce capabilities. Some vital features that any eCommerce website should include:
- A responsive web design that fits both in the browser and mobile environment
- User-Friendly Navigation
- Multiple Security Features to protect sensitive customer data
- Offer Multiple Payment Options
- Display high-quality photos and videos because that is all you have to catch customers’ attention.
What is Shopify, and what are its features?
Shopify is an e-commerce platform you can use to build an online store. Shopify is the perfect option for entrepreneurs and business owners who want to get their online store up and running quickly. Shopify is incredibly easy to use, even for people without coding experience. Hence ideal for beginners.
- Shopify runs over a million online shops across 175 countries.
- Shopify has around 2.1 million active daily users.
- Shopify has handled over a billion orders.
Shopify can be used both online and in person, with a point-of-sale app, giving you all the tools you need to make your e-commerce dreams a reality. Shopify costs $5 per month with the Starter plan and $29 per month with the Basic Shopify plan. More advanced Shopify plans are available too.
Top 5 benefits of using Shopify to build your e-commerce website
With Shopify, you gain access to a comprehensive suite of sales tools, marketing automation platforms and innovative customization options – perfect for building a fully functional online store. Key advantages include:
- Quick & easy to set up & use: Shopify helps launch an online store quickly without the hassles of servers and development costs. The platform offers a neat, intuitive and user-friendly admin panel which is an owner’s delight. Best part! You don’t need to know any coding to launch a basic Shopify store. Shopify takes care of all software and hosting.
- Secure & reliable: E-commerce websites require secure handling of sensitive customer information, including credit card details. With a hosted solution like Shopify, users get lightning fast page loads, unmatched security, and regular updates to ensure the best shopping experience for users.
- Mobile responsive: Most website visits are from mobile phones, so having a mobile-optimized site is key. Shopify’s mobile responsive themes include a free built-in mobile commerce shopping cart. Thus, your store is easily accessible through smartphones and provides an enjoyable shopping experience.
- SEO & Marketing tools: With Shopify, you can access super-effective SEO and marketing tools that will give your website visibility. SEO features make sure customers can easily find you in search results. At the same time, advanced analytics tell you exactly where visitors are coming from – allowing you to craft marketing strategies perfectly tailored to each.
- Own payment gateway: Shopify offers dozens of payment gateways, but they also provide their payment service powered by Stripe. It doesn’t require a merchant account and has zero transaction fees – plus, you’ll get the bonus of lower credit card fees.
Build your dream website with iView Labs
Hence it is clear that Shopify seems to be the obvious choice for building your e-commerce website. However, there are a few things you must do before you can set up your Shopify account.
This comprises your business concept, name, things to offer, logo, and even product photos. Before you begin, you must also have high-quality, optimized product photos. Next is to create your Shopify account, Add products, Add pages to your site, set up a payment gateway, tax profiles and so on. One option is you go ahead and DIY.
However, if all this is too overwhelming for you, iView Labs has covered you. iView Labs has been assisting start-ups and SMEs successfully launch their e-commerce businesses. With over a decade’s experience, iView Labs is an expert in Shopify app development. We create high-quality e-commerce apps designed to meet various needs, using either waterfall or agile development methodology or Rapid Application Development (RAD).
So if you’re looking for a customized Shopify app to tackle a specific problem, contact us at https://www.iviewlabs.com/talk-to-us. Our team quickly responds to your queries, and if you are interested, we can get started in no time. Visit our website www.iviewlabs.com for more information.