Technology is a constantly changing puzzle that only the brightest minds can solve. Modern employers recognize that building a tech team is the first and the most crucial step toward the business’s success. However, there is a global tech talent shortage because of the shrinkage of the talent pool. You must have experienced that getting the best minds isn’t just a challenge now; it’s a chaotic race against the clock.
As global businesses go the tech path, qualified IT specialists are in demand more than ever. However, there is a widening skills gap. According to Gartner, 64% of new or emerging technologies could not be adopted due to a lack of qualified team members. This has serious revenue implications – a new Korn Ferry report shows that by 2030, the U.S. could lost out on at least $162 billion in annual revenue if they don’t find the right tech talent.
Find the right tech talent
Tech professionals roday understand their value proposition and how much impact they can make, which means that they hold significant leverage in hiring situations. Understanding their needs, anticipating their wants, and accommodating their aspirations are the keys to acquiring such talent quickly and with minimum hassle.
Here are some strategies to make the tech talent hunt go easier and faster for your business:
- Find tech talent and make them choose YOU: In such a competitive market, ensuring that your organization stands out from the crowd is essential. One way to do this is by connecting with potential candidates during the hiring process. By getting to know them and understanding their goals, you can show them that they would be valued as team members, not just hired hands. This can go a long way in persuading them to choose you over other employers.
- Advertise Your Positions in the Appropriate Places: Advertising the role is one of the most critical steps in finding tech talent. You can look for a talent pool on job portals like Indeed or social media channels like LinkedIn. Non-traditional channels like GitHub are also where talented techies hang out. Or you can outsource the entire process to an organization with expertise in team building.
- Impact of Employer Branding: Employer branding can be a powerful tool when building a strong tech team. By shaping how prospective candidates perceive your brand, you can influence their decision to join your team. And because employer branding can produce immediate results in the hiring process, it’s an important strategy to consider when you’re looking to build a top-notch tech team.
- Tap into your personal and professional networks for referrals: While job portals and social networks may be a great place to start, in today’s job market, it’s more important than ever to get the word out about open positions at your company. While traditional methods like job boards and classified ads can be effective, you may miss out on a large pool of qualified candidates if you don’t utilize social media to its full potential.
Common Mistakes to Avoid when finding tech talent
- Complex Application Procedures: Long application processes can turn off potential talents. It also simply delays hiring.
- Delayed Interactions: Act promptly and without delays. Delayed responses can imply to candidates that you are uninterested in their application. Meanwhile, other organizations may sweep off the top talents.
Integrating and onboarding a tech team
Once you build a tech team, the new talent may seem self-sufficient initially, but the full potential will only be realized with training. So complete training – make sure your investment pays off by getting everyone up to speed. Scheduling training sessions ensure that the new team members and business owners are all on the same page.
Before you begin your training program, some pointers can be of immense use:
- Roll in the change: Employees must be able to grasp the larger picture and comprehend business drivers. Before you teach your personnel about the business requirements, prepare them “culturally” for the transition.
- Allow enough time: With more new things to learn and busy work schedules, training may quickly become boring, so plan and allot enough time.
- Ensure accessibility and availability: Using in-app training or just-in-time interventions using microlearning modules is ideal. Maintain contextual and customized training.
- It’s an ongoing process: Use tactics such as meeting with the subject matter expert/project managers, tests, videos, mailers, Q&A, and follow-up sessions.
Make use of expert solutions
A lot goes into building the right tech team. It can make or break the organization. But what if you could find tech talent that is “plug-and-play”? A tailor-made team just for your business needs? That would make life so much easier. Fortunately, there is a way to do just that.
By working with a company specializing in placing tech talent, you can build a team with the right skills and experience you need. And you can spend your time and resources on something other than hiring. These tech organizations will handle all the details, from identifying candidates to conducting interviews. So, working with an expert tech organization is quick and easy if you’re looking for a hassle-free way to build a top-notch tech team.
Find tech talent for your company with iView Labs
At iView Labs, we help CTOs build remote tech teams. With over a decade of experience and over 25 active partnerships, iView Labs helps you build, manage and operate tech teams.
iView Labs specializes in connecting businesses with the best tech talent. We take the time and effort your company needs. Then, we use our extensive network to find candidates who are a good fit for your business. With iView Labs, you can confidently find the perfect tech team for your business.
To learn more about iView Labs, kindly log on to our website www.iviewlabs.com and to get in touch with us with your queries and needs, write us an email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.