Our previous blogs explored how e-commerce is imperative to take your business to the next level. We shared tips and tricks on how to set up the store and get it off the ground.
While starting a successful online store on Shopify can be a rewarding experience, it takes more than just setting up a website to sustain and grow your business.
In fact, according to a recent survey, over 90% of e-commerce businesses fail within the first four months due to a lack of proper planning and execution.
However, you can set your business up for long-term success with the right strategies. This guide will provide you with actionable tips and statistics on increasing sales, driving traffic, and building a loyal customer base on Shopify. Whether you’re just starting or looking to scale your existing business, this guide will give you the tools you need to succeed.
Make Your Store Mobile Responsive
You cannot afford to overlook mobile responsiveness in your e-commerce business. As of November 2022, mobile devices drive 58.99% of global website traffic. This means that over half of internet usage comes from mobile devices, and 10% of that time is spent on e-commerce apps.
You need to unlock the huge mobile e-commerce market since:
- Mobile responsive e-commerce will allow you to tap into the abundance of mobile visitors.
- Visitors are less likely to leave your store quickly on mobile devices.
- With mobile-responsive e-commerce, you will be able to drive sales on mobile.
- Your store will have a better chance of ranking in Google search for mobile-specific queries.
- Shopify has a responsive checkout, so users can easily convert on their devices.
Increase Sales by Offering More Products
To make more money, the key is to sell more products. Amazon used this strategy to become the juggernaut of retail it is now—and you can too! The trick is to identify what products will draw attention and engagement from your existing customer base.
Take, for example, Nykaa -the leading Indian skincare and cosmetics e-commerce giant. It began by selling makeup and skincare and is branching out further. Nykaa has recently begun selling clothing and accessories on Nykaa Fashion.
Nykaa’s complementary products pair perfectly – for example, customers can buy a dress from Nykaa Fashion and then purchase matching cosmetics from Nykaa! With these two product lines in tandem, customers will likely buy both items, elevating Nykaa’s average order value.
Improve Customer Retention
Research shows that repeat customers account for as much as 40% of an e-commerce store’s revenue. These statistics demonstrate the importance of focusing on customer retention to drive e-commerce sales and grow a successful online business.
Here are some tips for retaining customers:
- Regularly surprise and delight customers with email communication
- Improve packaging to create a positive customer experience
- Offer repeat buyer discounts to incentivize repeat purchases
- Utilize retargeting to target previous customers
- Create a loyalty program to reward and retain customers
- Curate product reviews to build trust
- Be responsive on social media
Build an Email List
A study by Hubspot found that the email ROI is an impressive $36 for every $1 spent.
You can directly communicate with your potential and existing customers with an email list. Your communication is not dependent on Facebook or Google.
You can send personalized promotions, new product announcements, and special sales directly to your most engaged customers. This helps increase customer loyalty, repeat business, and ultimately drive sales.
Additionally, sending regular email newsletters helps keep your brand top-of-mind, which can lead to more impulse purchases.
iView Labs makes this easy by providing customized landing page pop-ups for your business. These can get people to sign up from inside your store and build a goldmine of email ids of potential customers.
Optimize Content for E-commerce
Content marketing is creating and sharing online material to draw interest in a brand’s products or services without promoting it directly. It’s important because it has a higher return on investment (ROI) than traditional marketing.
Some ways you can optimize your content are:
- Create relevant video content: According to a study by Hubspot, 81% of marketers feel that a relevant video has a direct, positive impact on sales.
- Curate catchy product descriptions: Engaging people in conversations about your product and its value may increase the conversion rate.
- Images: The higher the quality of the photographs you supply, the more appealing your product will appear. And the more appealing your product appears, the more sales you will earn.
- Product Reviews and Recommendations: Amazon’s product recommendations drive a whopping 35% of sales on the platform. This product recommendation strategy is one that you can easily implement.
There are a few ways you can go about doing this:
- Recommend products to exist customers based on their previous purchases (email is the best platform for this technique)
- Share positive reviews across social media or blogs to earn trust and highlight popular products.
How can iView Labs be a potential partner to help grow your Shopify store?
iView Labs provides e-commerce solutions for businesses looking to grow their Shopify store. We offer a range of services, such as website design and development, mobile optimization, search engine optimization, and marketing strategies that can help improve your store’s visibility and increase sales. Our analytics and insights can help you understand your customers’ behaviour and preferences. The team at iView Labs has experience working with Shopify stores of all sizes. We can help you identify the best strategies for your business.
If you are looking for a partner to help grow your Shopify business, iView Labs can be a potential partner. Contact us at https://www.iviewlabs.com/talk-to-us. Our team quickly responds to your queries, and if you are interested, we can get started in no time. Visit our website www.iviewlabs.com for more information.