Some months back we created our platform for On Demand taxi app. With this platform, we got a lot of inquiries for building similar solutions for different business services in different countries. It kept me wondering why businesses are interested in building an Uber for X. So I dug dip to understand the entire concept for Uberification of Everything is the future.
What do you understand by Uberification?
Uberification defines the ease of On-demand services in a simple way. When a user is able to book and utilize that service in few minutes is what I claim as uberification.
History of Uberification
It all started with search engines which gave us the convenient access to an unlimited spread of information available on the internet. The First search engine was created in 1990. With the disruption of mobile technology, things became even more accessible. In 2009, Uber was launched and it was a major disruption in the On-demand service model. Looking at Uber’s success, many new businesses were formed on the similar On-demand service model. Suddenly you see an Uber for Food, Uber for Salon, Uber of medicines etc.
Why the Buzz of Uberification?
Uberification is convenience tech. People today don’t want to wait for a product or service for hrs, they want everything in minutes, hence Convenience tech is the future. On Demand, Businesses are running on this psychology of delivering convenience to the user, as it buys time and saves effort for the customer. On Demand services gives instant gratification of receiving something when you order. You don’t have to wait for that service. These On Demand services have given rise to an On Demand economy which helps you to cater to all the needs by making the products and service available to the user in real time and as per their convenience.
So why consumers are looking for these On-demand services like Uber because it delivers on the following aspects of convenience based on Dr. Paul Marsden
- Decision Convenience – Making it fast and easy to choose
- Access Convenience – Making it fast and easy to acquire
- Transaction Convenience – Making it fast and easy to pay
- Benefit Convenience – Making it fast and easy to enjoy/use
- Post-Benefit Convenience – Making it fast and easy to re-purchase
What is the potential for Uber for X?
There is no limitation to the Services That can get Uberized/Uberified? Here are some US Figures for Uber for X model
- $400bn Uber for professional home services (HomeJoy, Handbook)
- $7.43bn Uber for valet your car / Uber for parking services (note 2): Vatler, ZIRX, Caarbon,)
- $205bn Uber for courier services (note 3): Postmates, Shyp
- $14bn Uber for marijuana delivery (note 4): Eaze, Canary, Meadow
- $74bn Uber for ice cream (note 5): io
- $6.6bn Uber for iPhone repair (note 6): iCracked
- $135bn Uber for Security services (note 7): bannerman
- $100bn Uber for grocery shopping (note 8): Instacart
- $28bn Uber for last minute hotels (note 9): Hotel Tonight, hotel quickly
- $103bn Uber for private tutoring (note 10): Cambly(language only), StudyHall,Creating an Uber for X is not just about creating an app which is an On Demand service model, it involves businesses to understand the user better and create their own convenience tech for on-demand product or service which they are delivering.
If you are a business looking to build an Uber for X then reach us at email@example.com.