Code, Coffee and tracking 2m Users ..
How we helped our African friend to break the ice and board 2m Voters?
Tracking 2m+ voters and 3000+ agents
Day 2 at Hannover messe was a bright sunny day. I was gathering my thoughts and plans for the day, as we had couple of meetings and presentations lined up on this day. At sharp 11:30 AM I gave my presentation on HealthCare Product www.prapp.in (a platfrom for health engagement connecting patients to doctors). As soon as my presentation was over, there were some folks who were interested in doctor-patient engagement platform. There was absolutely no breather in between. I just grabbed my cup of coffee and headed towards my booth.
I observed that day 2 was a rush rush at Hannover. Lot of delegates from different countries were visiting the fair. Suddenly some African folks in a team of 3 dropped by at our booth and here starts our conversation:
– Mr. Bamaba: is this Sid from iView Labs
– me: yes , I hope you are doing great! How may I help you!
– Mr. Bamaba: Do you do location tracking and mapping?
– Me: Sir, I would like to hear the problem that you are facing..
– Mr. Bamaba: We need to map all the voters of Africa on the map. We want to verify their identity and address. To do these we send agents on the field who do it manually and all these data gets centralized. Since its a manual process we were having lot of data issues and productivity. We are here looking to solve this issue
– Me: Ok Sir, I understand your problem. So, what these agents would be carrying with them to verify the voter.
– Mr. Bamaba: These agents will be carrying our assigned tablets for verification. Look we have 3000+ Agents who are in field of collection of the electoral census and here we need to observe their day to day actions as per the geographies they are moving. Can you develop me a platform where in I can see all these agents in real time? I have to catch the coordinates and want to see the efficiency and methods they are adopting to do this quick exercise. Also I want to assign the further tasks of Route Optimization
– Me: In a nutshell, I was completely able to understand what my friend was looking to build. Me and My CTO was there and we explained him our methodology of working and strategy of building this solution.
After all the explanation, he seemed convinced to do business with us and finally we were able to strike the deal with our African friends.
As the project kicked off, my technical team started brainstorming about the project and came up with the complete technology stack and architecture for the project. For this solution, we knew the crux of the entire solution would be accurate position mapping, path tracking and real monitoring of agents. Also, the tricky part here was about offline position tracking due to network connectivity issue in small villages and data pruning as position mapping of each agent for each second would generate enormous data in the application.
With the technical risks identified, we started working on the project and were very thrilled to work on this as we saw that how this solution could be used for various industries who has a mobile force or field force. We realized the scalability and reusability of this project, hence we made this in a modular form where entire location tracking module is an independent module which could be rightly fitted into any industry.
We started working on day and night on this project to get this all right. We send our guys on the field to test in all various conditions such as speed variance, location variance etc.
Finally we were able to get all the systems in place and deliver it to our African friends.
The entire data of the application rests on AWS ( Amazon Web Services) cloud.
With our approach to take software development as the Lego and Brick Building job we were able to deliver this solution in span of 3 months.
With over 2 million Voters on Board of eCampaign and 3000+ agents on the admin side the eVoting, this was a huge success for our mobile workforce management solution.
Admin Panel( Operations Guys) for tracking the field force :-
Android App ( for the field force/Agents in the fields) : –
Here the entire Platform does the following job for the African government : –
1. Task management
2. Task allocation
3. Task control
4. Voters geography tracking
5. Agents tracking
6. Task completion
7. Real time visibility
Data analytics per Agent and Voters
Business benefit to our African friend:
- 50+ Nos of Men power reduction by Using the eVoting eCampaign solutions.
- Improvement in HR process to know the real productivity by real time tracking on faily field activities.
- Cost savings to a multiple times and bringing in lean business.
- Perfect tracking of census with error free data.